The ITAM Forum recently celebrated its second anniversary, and there was much to celebrate!
Our new Annual Report highlights the progress we’ve made (with help from our members, trustees and patrons) during the last 12 months towards achieving our two main objectives:
- To elevate ITAM by sharing knowledge and best practices that focus on business value and aid in growing the profession
- To create – and be the caretakers of – the new ISO/IEC 19770-1 standard certification scheme so organisations can demonstrate the quality of their ITAM practices
The ITAM Forum’s mission, overall, is to promote the business practice of IT asset management. Its vision is for all organisations investing in technology to have an appropriate ITAM capability that delivers business value.
2021-2022 Achievement Highlights
- A Committee of Experts was established, comprised of roughly 100 individuals from 20 countries and 30+ industries with 870+ years of combined ITAM/SAM experience
- In March 2022, the Committee produced a draft of the ISO/IEC 19770-1 certification scheme, which is now going through a validation phase
- The ITAM Forum community grow by 30%+ with members now coming from 32 countries
- We launched our second country chapter – U.S.A.
- We launched 5 Special Interest Groups (SIGs) focused on topics of interest to our members
- The Sustainability SIG joined the ITAM Standards Committee’s Sustainability study group and helped to produce the white paper, How IT Asset Management Can Contribute Towards Sustainability
- Our member-only Discussion Board grew by 35% in terms of total page view with 30+ new topics/threads created
- Our press activities secured 20+ pieces of coverage (in a technology and business press) on a wide range of topics
- Our founder, trustees and our Certification workstream lead spoke at a number of events such as the BCS – Service Management and IT Asset Management specialist group Annual Conference 2021
It has been a fantastic year! We would like to thank our members, trustees and patrons for helping to push forward the ITAM profession and practice.
The output from our recent ITAM Leadership Summit will guide our upcoming strategic activities. We’re excited to see what the next year brings and the great things we, as a community, will achieve.